Friday, September 11, 2009

"LOL Smiley Face" by Trey Songz (ft. Soulja Boy and Gucci Mane)...Seriously guys, what's more gangster that emoticons? That's right. Nothing.

This song is playing on the radio a lot right now, and it's just terrible.  A friend suggested I analyze it, so naturally, I did...
Song # 5. "LOL Smiley Face" by Trey Songz (ft. Soulja Boy and Gucci Mane)


I love Fisha and Price.

In an attempt to top all other ridiculous opening lines, Trey declares his love for both of the founders (Herman Fisher and Irving Price) of toy company, Fisher Price...but...why?

8043350051,
LOL smiley face, LOL smiley face
(Soulja Boy Tell 'Em)
8043350051,(Gucci)
LOL smiley face, LOL smiley face

Apparently, if you want a top 40 hit these days, it's a good idea to give out your phone number in the song...

(Chorus)
Shorty just text me, says she want to sex me
LOL smiley face, LOL smiley face
Shorty sent a twitpic saying come and get this,
LOL smiley face, LOL smiley face


What a chorus. An acronym and an emoticon.  Not even real words. Enough said. I don't care if it's about sex, it's immature and stupid, period.

(Trey Songz)
Shorty called my phone, i was busy (i was busy)
cruisin in that Benz round the city (round the city)
then i felt my phone buzz, i know that she like thugs,
im a bad boy like diddy (take that!),
then she sent the text, that read, baby im at home,
then she sent another one that says she’s all alone
so i text her a smiley face and said lets do the grown,
 

Oh Trey, how do women resist your mediocre lyrics and unintelligible songs?  And why put songs in your name? and why misspell it?  So basically what happens here is a girl calls him, but he's busy driving around looking cool, but then she texts him say she's all alone and Trey wants to do the grown (up, as in have sex...FYI: you know you're a grown up when you call having sex the "doing the grown up").

She said lol, boy you crazy, come on
then she said actually, you aint gotta ask me
sent that lil face with the tongue cuz im nasty
im on my way, girl i can't wait, twitter me a picture
let me see that okayy, 


Why the fuck does she say, 'actually you aint gotta ask me'?  I don't know, it's beyond me, considering she had just said 'lol, you crazy'.   Trey's a freak so he sends the little emoticon with the tongue sticking out.  If that is freaky, what word would describe people who like to have sex with polar bears?  I think Trey doesn't realize how freaky is properly used.  He can't wait, he needs a twitpic!  Hurry, someone help the man...

(Chorus)

(Bridge)
Go to my page and follow and if you got a body like a coke bottle,
Shorty sent a twitpic saying come and get this,
LOL smiley face, LOL smiley face
 

If you have a body like a coke CAN, just don't even apply.  The other two lines are too gross to comment on.  The fact that the dude is making a song about twittering and texting 'lol' is proof that he has no concept of what's cool. At all...

(Gucci Mane)
Email me shawty, text bay,
Send yo boy a smiley face,
Gucci Mane, x-rated we could make a sex tape (GUCCI!).
Pics on my iphone, gucci on her ipod,
When she turn around, ass make ya say oh god,



What is a 'text bay'? Is that similar to a 'Michael Bay'?  And Gucci...Tape and Face don't even remotely rhyme dude. I do like that line Pics/Gucci (in other words, he has pics of her, and she has his songs), but why did he need to couple that with a generic ass compliment? 

Mommy real beautiful,
Manicured cuticles,
Office job, student girl, holding down her cubicle,
And she got my number to her, man that’s like a miracle,
She say she like my swag,and my 6’s on my vehicle,


Any guy will tell you the first thing they notice on a girl is her manicured nails...NOT!  Oh snap, and then he rhymed cubicle and cuticle...those are almost the same word!  But they're not, they just happen to rhyme, LOL (Smiley Face).  I dont know what he's talking about the rest of the way.  Number to her? 6's on the vehicle? What, 6 inch rims?  I'm confused, Gucci. 

GA to VA, Cali girls love me,
Brooklyn girls hug me,
Miami girl's sexy, (I think I love her!)
Pull up in a stretchy…
Jump out flexing
First date sexing,
Next night sexing. (Well Damn!)
 

GA to VA? That's North-South, Gucci...so why do you say Cali girls love me right after that?  It would make sense if you said from Portland to Portland or East to West, But GA to VA? Why not even just say GA to the Bay?!? Then, Gucci declares he's in love with some Miami girl.  Then he pulls up in a stretchy (stretch limo, I'd guess), flexing and then has sex 2 nights in a row.  What a terrible way to finish your verse, Gucci. Seriously.

(Chorus)

(Bridge)

(Soulja Boy)
Talking: Trey, I got you, Baby...
Lol smiley face, lol smiley face,
Soulja boy tellem bay,
Lol smiley face,
Baby girl sent da picture to my blackberry,
She fine and she thick just like Hallie berry,
Kiss me through the phone, LOL smiley face
 

Oh man, Soulja...just...wow.  Soulja doesn't manage to say anything (except you got a picture from a girl who is "thick" like Halle Berry, who I've always thought of as pretty small and thin, not traditionally thick...) BUT, Soulja does drop a reference to his terrible phone song, analyzed previously in this blog.  And why not, both are terrible rap songs about worthless phone shit.  Which is worse? Superman That Hoe or Kiss Her Through the Phone?


We can go and kick it bay
Later on at my place,
She message me on myspace told me she loved me,
She texting my phone 4:30 in da morning,
Baby i’m horny, I wanna kiss you,
I can put it on you, thats not an issue,
She scratching my back, screaming out im hers,
She text my phone say I need your love,
I met her monday last week in da club,
One week later now she telling me that she in love,
 

So here, Soulja says he got a myspace message, which says the girl is in love with him (but of course! who hasn't professed their love on myspace?!)  Then, he says that she's basically crazy...texting him all the time/saying she needs loving, but really, he just met her.  However, he fails to make a point, or say anything...as usual.

(Chorus)
(Bridge) 


Analysis: This song says nothing, and does so surprisngly obviously (as opposed to most bad rap which is overshadowed by an okay beat, or a dance move, this song brings nothing to the table).  It is about a girl (or girls) who want sex, so they send text messages.  Is this really a problem for anyone? For rappers?  Are they even saying it's a problem?  I can't tell if they like it or hate it...

Trey's Moral of the Song: I don't know...girls text goofy shit when they wanna do da grown up?

Real Moral of the Song:  If you continue to be terrible and make terrible music, you will get air play and people will listen.  Inexplicably. 

No comments:

Post a Comment